Saturday, March 1, 2014

Refurb - Update!

Hello All- I've been at it again!

About a year ago when my husband and I first moved into together, we decided to use his full size kitchen table.  My husband's table was a hand me down from his family and had spent its time in a few places with other guy roommates and in storage.  The cushions were outdated and stained. 
 
After moving in, I would hunt all over town for red chair cushions to cover the stains.  I took measurements, but apparently most chair cushions were measured for the standard "one size fits all" chair bottoms.  Not these chairs, they were extra wide.  I actually like them that way, you can just forget finding chair cushions that are large enough to cover. 
 
Well I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but I decided cover the old fabric with a new color. 
 
And off to the fabric store I went.  I purchased enough for 4 chair bottoms and got to work. 
 
The labor was actually real easy.  I had to remove 4 screws from the bottom of each chair and placed the cushion on the new fabric.  I few folds and staples later, I had completely new chairs.  Seriously, it took me less than an hour.  Check it out:
 
 
And the best part about this project? The total cost for this refurbish was $5.44.  Can't. beat. that.

Well, I'm off to see what else can use an update!

Until next time,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment